In a section layout, you can change ruler measurements from inches to centimeters and centimeters to inches. Use the following instructions to modify ruler measurements at design- time and run-time.
To change ruler measurements at design-time
At design time, you can change the ruler measurements from the Report Settings Dialog.
- In the Report Explorer, double-click the Settings node.
- In the Report Settings dialog that appears, click Global Settings.
- From the Ruler Units dropdown select Centimeters or Inches.
To call a measurement conversion at run-time
Call the CmToInch method or InchToCm method at run-time to change measurements. For example, you can use the following code when you are working in centimeters and need to convert a Label's position measurements from centimeters to inches at run-time.
- On the design surface select the section containing a control like a Label.
- In the Properties Window, click the Events button to get a list of report events.
- Select the Format event and double-click to create an event-handling method.
- Add code like the following to the handler to set the size of the control using centimeters to inches.
Visual Basic.NET code. Paste inside the Format event. Copy Code
Me.Label1.Left = SectionReport1.CmToInch(2)
Me.Label1.Top = SectionReport1.CmToInch(2)
C# code. Paste inside the Format event. Copy Code
this.label1.Left = SectionReport1.CmToInch(2);
this.label1.Top = SectionReport1.CmToInch(2);